Thursday, October 16, 2014

In Less Than a Year...

In less than a year we'll be out of this place.



It's heart breaking, but also... I can't find the right word. Bigger than exciting.

 Because all my life I've been told, "Do _______, it'll look good on a college application." But I applied to college today, and they didn't care. All they wanted to know is what my mom's email address is, and my credit card number for the $40 application fee.

At least it was easier than I thought it would be. I didn't have to write essays about the service I've done, my extracurricular involvement, or brag about how amazing I am.



My phone keeps going off, but I'm not sure who is txting me at 1:00 on a Thursday night.



I'm worried about having good roommates, and meeting fun people. And not being able to work things out in my head  by talking nonsense to my dad.

I'm going to miss my room. My dog sleeping on my bed with me. The Christmas lights I've hung all around, and the paintings on my walls. I'm going to miss the view from my balcony, and the sunrises I've watched on it.


I'm getting nastalgic and I haven't even left yet.
It's October. 


No comments:

Post a Comment